2.09.2009

7 on the 7th

I was so caught up with my reoccuring knee pain on Sunday that I completely forgot to write up my 7 on the 7th race. My bad Run To Finish.

Like all virtual races it had it's pros: small crowds, no registration fee, started right on (my) time, no time penalties for potty breaks, allowed headphones, no time limit, easy to follow (self-created) route. But there were also lots of cons: no mile markers (thank God for Fenny), no aid stations, no water stations, no expo, no goodie bag, no medal, no gear check, no timing chips. So it's always a bit of a toss up.

However, I also signed up for the 16-mile extra challenge division--more than doubling the required distance. I was thinking of running on flatter routes by the river, but because I was running with the Super Runner's Shop I was kinda stuck doing the first 8 miles in Central Park--so I just decided to keep going in circles until I racked up the 16. It wasn't my best run, but it's only the first 16 miler of the year:

Distance: 16.01 miles
Time: 2:22:10
Pace: 8:52 min/mile

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job!!!!

Jess said...

Nice job on making everyone else look like slackers by more than doubling the distance!