6.30.2007

Week One

Coming into the end of the first week of training for MY FIRST MARATHON EVER! Of course, this is the same week that I've been super-social and had an event or gone out for drinks everyday this week after work. Waking up early to run + staying out late to drink = really tired. When Friday morning came around and I didn't have to wake up at 5:45 am I was so happy.

The running wasn't too bad. I'm not at my peak levels yet, but that's ok, I'm just starting and I'm still getting used to running in the early morning--which is growing on me. The first time I went out in the morning it was painful. I was saying "wtf" for the whole run. Now, I'm getting used to it, but I still feel "creaky" in the morning. I know most people like to run in the morning because they've just rested and their muscles are relaxed, they're "fresh." Well, not mine. Fresh is the last word I would use to discribe myself in the morning. My muscles and joints are rusty and stiff from sleeping and the last thing I want to do is shock them into awakeness by running. I feel like this may take a very long time to get used to.

Today I'm taking a break from the early morning run and instead, I'm heading out for an 8-mile run with a friend (while my wife walks with my friend's wife). Its a beautiful weekend here in the city, so it should be pretty nice.

No comments: