4.23.2009

Post #CC

This is post number 200!

Last time I had a centennial I pulled out all the stops and ended up writing one of my longest posts ever. Seeing that life will not quit these days and that I'm having a hard enough time just working, running, and sleeping, I'm going to have to have to attack this one differently--were you really expecting a 200 line post, just 100 took foooorrrreeeevvvveeeeerrrrrrrrrr!

I actually don't have much to say. After 200 posts, I'm a little bit faster and have an easier time waking up at 5:30 in the morning--but I still have yet to successfully complete a 20 mile run. Even last weekend, I started out with a beautiful 13 miles, I stopped for a bathroom break and then all the stitches suddenly appeared. I finished only 18.5 miles because it just wasn't happening.

So really, not much to celebrate--except that I got to 200 posts one month faster than I got to 100 posts. Actually, lately, when it comes to running I finding myself just thinking about tapering for The Pig, planning the trip, and getting my mind in the right place for the race. I'm second guessing my goal of 3:40 everyday, but it wouldn't be a goal if I didn't second-guess it, right?

5 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats on 200 posts! And congrats on being faster and able to wake up at 5:30 in the morning! The second one is my arch nemesis.

FLYERS26 said...

Congrats on 200 posts! I'll have to see how many I am at.
I never was a morning runner until last year, and now I enjoy it.

The Boring Runner said...

Gosh, 100 lines in your 100th post!? Wow.

I think (hope) questioning a goal is normal, because if not I think that I too am very ABnormal because I am really starting to question mine!

Nitmos said...

Don't second guess. See yourself doing it.

See you there!?

The Laminator said...

Second guess all you want...but trust in your training. I'd have some backup goals just in case however. Congrats on 200.