4.10.2007

Ouch

Went for a quick run last night--5 flat miles on treadmill. My goal was to finish at a 8:30 pace, so a time of 42:30.

Extremely excited that I started off strong, hitting 7.0 mph within the first few minutes. I was coasting along a little too easy when this started to happen during mile 2:

My shins started to get tight. So I tried to adjust my stride, but no luck. Once I have my form down for a run, it's very hard to change.

In the name of saving my legs for another day I took a break at 3.75 miles. After a little walking I hit the machine again--ignoring the dull pain (as I probably shouldn't have). Finished spectacularly in 42:25, but oh my shins. Poor boys.

I don't know if it's the shoes (which need to be retired) or the little hill I threw in at the beginning of the run or the 3 enormous hills I did on Saturday. Hopefully I'll be fixing the shoe one soon...you know, if I ever make it to the running store. What kind of runner forgets to stop at the running store even when they pass it everyday on the way to work? Me.

No comments: