7.20.2011

Runner Bingo, round two

So this game is going fast than I thought.  Over the past two runs I filled five more boxes on the grid:

  • Barefoot runner (spotted 7/19, Astoria track): there were actually two of them at the track yesterday, which I think marks the tipping point for barefoot running in Astoria
  • Getting "chicked" (spotted 7/19, Astoria track): so I've found that there are several running groups/clubs that are based on the track.  The most annoying of them is a group that runs 400m repeats and decides to in the inner 3-4 lanes at the last turn of the track--i.e., the worst thing possible for anyone trying to do repeats.  I hate them for this...and for one of their runners chicking me yesterday.
  • Shirt from a race I've run (spotted 7/16, Central Park): I spotted a t-shirt from the Healthy Kidney 10K right after entering the Central Park, and it looked like it was even the same year I ran the race
  • Running after a race (spotted 7/16, Queensboro Bridge): there were actually a few overzealous runners who were running over the Queensboro Bridge with their race bibs still on from an event in Central Park
  • D-Tag on shoe (not during race) (spotted 7/16, Central Park): I really don't understand people who do this, just cut it off, it's pretty hard to forget about the bright orange things popped up from your shoe

B
I
N
G
O
Double running stroller
Barefoot runner
Getting “chicked”
Headband
Slow running group, 3+ abreast
Running in the bike lane
Article of 80’s running gear
Shirt from a race I’ve run
Batman belt
Power walker
Wristband
Overdressed for the weather
FREE
Getting “geriatricked”
Running against traffic on track
Running after a race
Cyclist on running path
Long socks with shorts
Inappropriate foot wear
D-Tag on shoe (not during a race)
Non-iPod music device
Overly coordinated running outfit
Camel Pack
Bandana on head
Runner with multiple dogs

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think you should use one of those randomizer tools for your bingo game and then only check things off for one run at a time. Red letter day if you manage to get bingo in one run!

Or if you really want to go nuts - run UNTIL you get bingo :)