6.28.2011

And we're off

Yesterday marked the start of Training for my next Marathon: the Mount Desert Island Marathon.  The race is in Acadia National Park in Maine and is known as the Big Sur of the east for the amazing scenic run along the coast.  It will be my seventh Marathon, 17th state, and 23rd running event.  It also looks like it will be the hilliest race I've ever run.  It has the potential to be the coldest race I've ever run.  And will be the easternmost race I will ever run.

Along with all of these firsts I am also hoping to PR at this race.  Although it will be a though one, it is entirely possible given my performances at my recent races: a PR in Austin (so I have speed) followed by a fail in Fredericksburg (got me pissed off so that now I feel I have something to prove).

The first running workout (today, 3x1600m) fell short of goal: I was supposed to run at a 6:30 pace and I could only get 7:00.  But I've run 6:30s in the past and know that if I keep at it I will make it down to 6:30.  I'm really trying to focus this time around--and above all not get bored.

Here's to the next 26.2.

No comments: