12.03.2010

Rocking out in Portland

Geez.  Over three weeks since the last time I posted, huh?  It hasn't been for lack of topics--more for lack of time.  Work has been busy leading up to the end of the year.  And then traveling for the holidays and a wedding.  Three weeks just kinda appeared eventually.

Anywho, so I'm clearing out my backlog of post topics with my very delayed music post for the Portland Marathon.  Below is my playlist from the race.  You can go here for a basic outline of the process.

It took me about four hours to compile this playlist--longer than it took me to run the race!  But I have to say, I really like this mix.  I listed to the majority of it, all the way down to Don't Stop Believein' with a minimal amount of skips.  Usually I end up listening to only half of the songs because I pause the music so much to establish my own cadence.  I've enjoyed this mix so much that I haven't switched it out for another in the months since the Marathon--granted I've done very light running until this week (official first week fo training for Austin!).
  • Proud Mary; Tina Turner
  • Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down; Alicia Keys
  • Crown of Love; Arcade Fire
  • Wouldn't It Be Nice; The Beach Boys
  • Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'; Michael Jackson
  • Every Little Thing; Valley Lodge
  • A Whole Lot Better; Brendan Benson
  • You Make My Dreams; Daryl Hall & John Oates
  • Time to Pretend; MGMT
  • American Slang; The Gaslight Anthem
  • Roxanne; The Police
  • Pick Up the Phone; Dragonette
  • This Bed; Alicia Keys
  • Garbage Day; Brendan Benson
  • 1901; Phoenix
  • Haiti; Arcade Fire
  • In The Hospital; Friendly Fires
  • Human; The Killers
  • Home; Edward Sharpe & The Magnificent Zeros
  • Renegade; Styx
  • Natural Disaster; Plain White T's
  • All of My Loving; Valley Lodge
  • Rebellion (Lies); Arcade Fire
  • For Reasons Unknown; The Killers
  • Feel Like Taking You Home; Brendan Benson
  • Always Where I Need to Be; The Kooks
  • Sins of My Youth; Neon Trees
  • Two Doors Down; Mystery Jets
  • That Girl; Plain White T's
  • Hanging On; Valley Lodge
  • That's Not My Name; The Ting Tings
  • Lasso; Phoenix
  • Take Me Out; Franz Ferdinand
  • Uprising; Muse
  • Neighborhood #3 (Power Out); Arcade Fire
  • Mr. Brightside; The Killers
  • I'm Actual; The Format
  • I Really Want You; Plain White T's
  • I Can't Win; The Strokes
  • Lisztomania; Phoenix
  • Long Road to Ruin; Foo Fighters
  • Percussion Gun; White Rabbits
  • Wake Up; Arcade Fire
  • Animal; Neon Trees
  • I Don't Wanna Dance; Hey Monday
  • Show Me What I'm Looking for; Carolina Liar
  • Come on Eileen; Dexy's Midnight Runners
  • Heartbreak Stroll; The Raveonettes
  • Love Today; Mika
  • Zero; Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • Don't Stop Believin'; Journey
  • 1983; Neon Trees
  • Spotlight; Mute Math
  • I'm Not Over; Carolina Liar
  • Juicebox; The Strokes
  • I Gotta Feeling; Black Eyed Peas
  • Beat It; Fall Out Boy
  • The Pretender; Foo Fighters
  • Let's Dance to Joy Division; The Wombats
  • Move Along; The All-American Rejects

2 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome back! My playlist needs to get infused with some new tunes, so this will be just the ticket. Thanks!

Nitmos said...

Do I see a 3:49 over on the sidebar? Well done!