8.20.2008

Training check-in

I realize that I haven't really noted anything about training for Manchester and Newport since I started training back in June, but that is mostly because it's going so well that 1) I don't want to jinx it and 2) I don't feel a need to discuss it because it is going well. (If training was going bad, then I'd be bitching and complaining all over the place.)

So far I haven't had any major mishaps with training: I've finished all my runs and have only skipped one run (and that was only because I had a race the next day). Really, the only problems I've had on runs were weather and that darn erratic GI tract of mine. And even at that, I've been able to reign in my stomach enough to hold out until the nearest bathroom. (Actually as a byproduct of this, I have an eerily thorough knowledge of the public bathrooms in New York and which ones are cleanest.)

This is the second Marathon I'm training for, so I have to credit some of the ease to the fact that Marathon training is always easier the second time around. But still, my endurance has been going up and so has my speed. Last weekend's 18-miler wasn't brutal at all--and that was at a pace faster than my Half-Marathon PR by 20 seconds. Craziness. I know. Come race day(s) let's see how it all pans out.

1 comment:

Nitmos said...

Sounds like you are "in the zone". Keep on rockin'!