4.27.2007

On your mark, get ready, GO!

I just got back from the gym. I did a 30 minute run on the treadmill because it was pouring outside (you could call me a fair-weather runner). I couldn't concentrate for a damn minute because I'm too excited for Long Branch this weekend. I'm so excited to be back in my zone that I can't wait to hop in the car and head down to the Jersey Shore.

Additionally, yesterday was last day at my old job. Of course it's a relief to be out of there, but there's also an odd mix of emotions. Disappointment: I thought I was a tougher cookie and could handle my old agency for more than just two years. Anxiety: I'm leaving my team, they are only people I've worked with in advertising, so it's kinda like leaving your family. Happiness: I've spent the past two years on the same account, which made me feel stagnant, so I'm happy that is over...for now.

Some people were sad to see me go. Some just saw me as part of the natural turnover in advertising. Overall, I got out of my old job what I wanted: a solid foundation in advertising and a basis to start a long career in the industry. Here's to hoping the new job can deliver everything I want out of it: a creative atmosphere, a freer approach to advertising, and a healthier work environment.

No comments: