7.12.2010

The stupidest (running related) thing I've ever done

I threw away a perfected good pair of shoes.  I don't even have a good story for it:

I grabbed a bunch of clothes to donate to charity and my sneakers that had 500+ miles on them.  I dropped them off at the clothes bin in a shopping plaza nearby.  The following morning I woke up and while getting dressed to go running I realize that I donated the wrong shoes.  I had grabbed the pair that only had 280 miles on them--only half way through their life!  And I still had the 500+ mile pair.  I ran over to the bin to see if any any chance the shoes where still there (I dropped them off at 11p and it was only 8a), but everything I had dropped off was gone.

To make matters worse, I think I left Liam's charger in those shoes.  Double runner fail.

3 comments:

The Laminator said...

Just between you and me, did you REALLY donate the wrong shoes or did you just need an excuse for a new pair of kicks?

sRod said...

I wish! They were honest to goodness good shoes.

Krista said...

Oh no!! I hate when shit like that happens. I hope your half-used shoes have found a good home.